Friday, August 8, 2014

One Simple Thing-Watermelon Pops


With summer temperatures in the 90's daily,
we are doing everything we can to stay hydrated.
Watermelon is a painless way to accomplish that goal,
as it is mostly water, but oh-so much sweeter.

I found this trick to slicing watermelon the other day,
and knew I just had to share it.
You can see the original video here.

The gist of it is making watermelon 
a bit more manageable to eat and enjoy.



 We had a quarter of watermelon left to cut up.
We are savoring this luscious and refreshing fruit
every chance we get.
We can sometimes find these icebox-sized, 2 for $5.00.



If you can cut an onion into a dice,
you can  use the same technique with any kind of melon.
Simply cut down from top to bottom,
and then cut across the width of it the same way.



You'll end up with watermelon pops
that are easy for even the smallest hands to handle.
Enjoy!


One Simple Thing

One Simple Thing-Ripe Bananas 

One Simple Thing-Pantry Door Rack

One Simple Thing-Keep It Under Wraps

circa 2011 The ORIGINAL Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop 









http://www.anoregoncottage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/jtgpfinal.png



ABFOL One Project at a Time




This Is How We Roll Thursday Party












10 comments:

  1. Daisy, I'm not a fan of watermelon. Yeah, I know there's something wrong with me. It's not that I totally dislike it and can't stand to eat it but I just don't really care that much for it. I'm not big on any kind of fruit but I should be. I've started making fruit smoothies with my new nutribullet so I'm getting some fruit into my diet now. It's not that I don't like fruit. It's just that I don't really know where to fit it into the meal plan for the day. Now for potluck events watermelon is always a big hit and this technique would be the best for cutting up the melon. It's still good information to know even if I don't really eat much watermelon.

    Have a great watermelon cutting day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use it with other types of melon too!

      Delete
  2. Love watermelon!! ... and love your simple grab-and-go idea of cutting it into pops! It's very high in vitamin C also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that information! Enjoy your pops!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I love, love, LOVE watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, we tried this yesterday for my daughter's 5th birthday party. It was such a great way to enjoy the watermelon. Thanks so much for sharing! Hope to see you again this week at Simple Lives Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it worked well for you! Hope your daughter had a wonderful bday!

      Delete
  5. That is so fun and simple! Thanks for the submission to the HomeAcre blog hop. Please stop by PintSizeFarm.com and submit another post this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!