Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kid Closet Spruce Up

One of the first things we did when we bought this house
was to put in closet storage systems.
I'll never be without one again. 
They add at least three times the storage space
to the same area.

You can find them at hardware stores or online.
They're easy to install yourself if you're at all handy.
Since I wanted to tackle this project today,
I just used what I had in the house for storing smaller items.
Bins will be purchased once I see what sizes I need.

Lil' Guy's closet had gotten a bit out of hand.



Before

Looks like a tornado's been through here!
Time for a sort out.



These sliding bins come in handy for odds-n-ends.
The lunchbox holds his fire truck set.
I try to keep things as dust-free as possible in his room,
as he has a history of allergies and asthma.



Here's his financial shelf.
Allowance money and savings are kept here.
The fire station bank was a Home Depot project.



Games are self-service.
I plan to label the shelves
to make it easier to put things back.



We don't use many dress clothes,
so there is ample room for future purchases.



T-shirts are the wardrobe choice around here.




It's nice to leave a shelf for display.



After

We purged a few items
(not always easy for a 10-year old)
and made room to grow.
After all, we've got a birthday coming up
and then the holidays.

Now he'll have an easier time of cleaning up.
We'll work on his books and Lego cabinet another day.

Happy organizing!


IHeart Organizing


IHeart Organizing

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daisy,
    I should think about a storage system for my small clothes closet. I use cubes right now, and have jeans and capris in them. The bar across for the shirts falls down from time to time.

    I had to laugh at your "before" photo, though. That's clean for our closets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kat!

    Sue-Closet systems sure make your life easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!