Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Maple Hill Hop 58


Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)
Thanks for linking back to Maple Hill 101.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


After a couple of weekends off,
I headed back to The Hill to get my farming fix.
My spirits are always lifted when I get to spend time
with Faye and Lynn.



Lynn fashioned a new way for me to plant peas (and other crops).
He strung up some twine down the center of the pots
so that I could plant in straighter alignment.
Great trick for those who enjoy a tidier aesthetic.



We'll soon have peas comin' out of our ears!



They have started using turkey manure in their garden
and are monitoring the results.
These green beans will hopefully become rejuvenated.



 Lynn has his own way of doing just about everything.
Here he uses pots and a slab of plywood to create an outdoor work station.
Use whatcha got. 
Works for me!


 Rosemary starts were transplanted using the 
super spatula seedling system.
The roots on some of these were not quite solid,
so the spatulas help to support the plant before insertion into new pots.



We wandered next door through a neighbor's property
and found several tortoise, fox and gopher holes.



Hello in there!


We gathered pine cones for an upcoming project of mine.
It was a wonderful day spent outdoors,
enjoying the company of some very dear souls.
 Healing one day at a time...

What have you been up to lately?
HOP to it!







6 comments:





  1. Daisy, I'm always drawn to your friends farming techniques. They have a unique growing system that I am in some ways following. Mine has automatic watering involved with it and the growing container is five gallon buckets. Reading about the Winter growing that you do there gives me a good gardening fix while the weather outside is cold and freezing. I so enjoy reading about all the things that you do to grow the vegetables. I expect it will be missed by you when you move.

    Have a great day at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you enjoy the gardening posts here. We're moving to NC, so it will still be mild enough to do some farming, I'm sure. At the very least, I plan to have indoor citrus trees! ;0)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see you're still working with Lynn and getting lots of experience! Wonder what you will do with the pinecones. I love to gather natural items this time of year and put inside the house. It was good to hear from you on my blog post! I've missed my visits here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you here. The pinecones are going to be used to make a garland for the front door with white lights. I hope to finish it this weekend so that I can post it next week sometime. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. My neck of the woods is covered in snow. It's great to see a little soil here on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!