Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Maple Hill Hop 55



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~



On Saturday, we took part in the
39-mile yard sale all along Scenic Hwy 17.




The weather was a bit cool and quite windy,
but it was a great day for experiencing this event for the first time.




All along this road, folks were poised to sell, shop
and discover hidden treasures.



We found everything from furniture to toys to kitchen gadgets.



This old tricycle really caught my eye.




And who could resist checking out these ride-ons?
Old-fashioned fun, no batteries necessary.




There were 4 or 5 sewing machines for sale in various places
and I was tempted to pick one up, but didn't.
I left my name and number with one seller,
but since I haven't heard from him,
I guess it wasn't meant to be.
The best part of yard saling, 
especially one of this magnitude,
is thinking about the life the items had before they got here.
If only they could talk...



Ever practical, here's what came home with me.
A hand cultivator, a wire brush (for cleaning the bird baths),
and a box grater (for making my lotions).
Big K also got a great deal on a 24-piece Pyrex glass storage bowl set,
new in the box for $10.  What a steal.


In our family, thrift is not a four-letter word.
We are blessed with everything we need,
but the hunt for the treasures from the past is a worthwhile endeavor.
It was a blast!

What adventures have you been on lately?
HOP to it!
Thanks for linking back to Maple Hill 101.





8 comments:

  1. Glad you found some goodies.
    We just returned from a "junkin" trip and found several good rusty iron pieces for the garden........at a great price.
    If I would have had a trailer, I could have really loaded up.
    Next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! You just never know what you're gonna find!

      Delete
  2. That old tricycle definitely would have had to come home with me! Looks like it was a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Daisy, what a great yard sale idea. We had the smaller version of that some years ago when our street had a combine yard sale. It's was awesome and the yard stuff mostly just changed houses on our street. It was still a great experience. I am always on the look out for cast iron cooking skillets, pots, and pans. There's not too many that I don't have but still I'm looking out for the unusual. Some need a bit of clean up but thrift stores are a great source of finding what I can use. Sounds like you had a great time on the many mile yard sale.

    Have a great fall yard sale treasure day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fantastic sales! My mom still has, and uses, lots of Pyrex dishes - are you familiar with those with the glass lids? (We use Tupperware and Gladware instead now.) Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great when you can find the older ones with the glass lids. Treasures!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!