Friday, November 7, 2014

Homemade Mayo


Mayonnaise is one of those condiments
that can be used to make everything from
salad dressings to desserts.
This recipe is quick and easy,
and tastes so much better than what you can buy in the store.
In just a few minutes' time,
you'll be savoring this scrumptious homestead staple.
Another thing to cross off of my weekly shopping list!



Homemade Mayonnaise
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
(I use the leftover white in my breakfast eggs)
1 1/2 T lemon juice
1 t Dijon mustard
1 C olive oil
salt to taste

Add all ingredients except oil to food processor or blender.
Slowly drizzle oil until mixture is well blended.
Enjoy!

Stores in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, 
but trust me, it won't last that long!
*For ranch dressing, add onion powder.

Try it in:
deviled eggs
df ranch salad dressing
or on your favorite sandwich! 

barnhopimage










Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop



This Is How We Roll Thursday Party


Homesteader-Hop-Banner

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm.....love homemade mayo. Who knew mayo actually had flavor until you try homemade????

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my list of things to try homemade... thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try this. I cringe everytime I have to buy mayonaise. Thanks for sharing at Simple Lives Thursday; hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!