Thursday, October 18, 2018

Grain-Free Paleo Cupcakes (gf, df, sf)




 Yesterday marked the end of my self-imposed grain-free diet.
I was interested in finding out if going grain-free
would improve the annoying dermatitis on my hands.
After a month, I do see a difference,
but no definitive answers were obtained.
This has been a long,  
long 
month
without my favorites of bread, pasta, bread, rice and,
did I mention bread?
Wow, what a challenge for a bread worshiper lover like me.
One thing I realized though, is that I am able to live without it,
not happily, but I managed.
I have decided to continue to limit grains,
but not eliminate them completely.
After all, what is life without bread?
I'm beginning to research sprouted grains,
and may head in that direction in the future.

*******

I've garnered a few really tasty grain-free recipes 
that I would have otherwise never even considered making.
This one is not only grain-free, but dairy and sugar free as well.

For the most part, baking gluten-free treats that aren't dry is almost impossible,
but these were so moist that frosting wasn't necessary.
And using local honey instead of processed sugar
was truly the deciding factor to give these a go. 
These scrumptious treats will be added to our family recipe notebook.
It's not often I find something that we all like 
and can safely indulge in.


Grain-Free Paleo Cupcakes (or muffins)
(Paleogrubs.com)
2 1/2 C almond flour
1/4 C melted coconut oil (we used light olive oil)
1 T almond milk
1/2 C honey
4 large eggs
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t vanilla

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Add to 12 cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes,
turning pan halfway through baking time.
Frost if desired (or not)!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!