Thursday, October 11, 2018

Grain-Free Crunchy Almond Crackers (gf,df,sf)




I've got one more week to go in my self-imposed grain-free diet.
When you love bread and carbs as much as I do,
avoiding grains can make time drag on.
Bread and pasta have been sorely missed,
but the other curious craving I've had is crunch.
Somehow, celery and carrots haven't stood in well
for crackers or chips.
These easy-as-pie to make snacks pretty much got me through the last week.
I altered the original recipe a bit,
adding nutritional yeast and increasing the salt.
Even when I am back on grains,
I think I'll whip these up from time to time.
Although almond flour can be a bit pricey,
these could be a great addition to C's menu
and a special once in a while treat for me.
It does my heart good to know that grain-free can be delicious.




Grain-Free Crunchy Almond Crackers
(King Arthur Flour)

1 large egg
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper
1 3/4 C almond flour
1/4 C nutritional yeast

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together egg and seasonings.
Add flour and yeast and stir until combined.
(It's easier to use your hands to bring it together.)
Pat dough out, then roll out to
10 X 12 X 1/8" rectangle.
Use knife to cut into squares.
Bake 14-16 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!