Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Tidings-Mossy Trail Ride


With temps in the 60's, 
we've been enjoying a lot of outdoor time.
Since acquiring and customizing my bicycle,
it's been ridden nearly every day.
It was a beautiful day to take a family ride.
We're trying to be more active this year
and days like these are just calling to us to get out there!





Lake Wales is a small town 
about 10 minutes from where we live.


This particular trail follows along a lake
and has picnic tables and benches all along the way.




 A few folks were fishing off one of the piers 
as we made our way around.



I'm not a palm tree kinda gal,
but this one caught my eye.



There was plenty of shade to be had, 
although the cool winter day really didn't require us to use it.




I wonder if they are getting ready for a family football game?
It was Super Bowl Sunday!




Lake Wales has some of the most quaint homes in the area.




Each one is unique and has so much personality.
I like that.




This trail led us around the lake
and we got over 2 miles of riding in today.




We weren't the only ones enjoying the view.




A canopy of moss-covered trees 
surrounds this tranquil place.



Hope you enjoyed the ride!
Have a wonderful day! 









6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great place. I would love to have bike trails nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to go back and visit it by bicycle.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could bike year round! Looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get to go sledding and snowshoeing, so I guess it's a trade-off!

      Delete
  3. That is such a cute bike! And the trail looks wonderful. Such neat sights along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!