Friday, June 15, 2012

One Year to an Organized Life 
by Regina Leeds
****
One Year to an Organized Life: From Your Closets to Your Finances, the Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Completely Organized for Good



"What happened to my keys?  Am I late, or is that appointment on Tuesday?  Why is the kids' room such a mess?  Did I ever pay this credit card bill?  And speaking of papers everywhere...has anybody seen the dining room table?  Imagine not having to worry about any of these things.  An organized life enables you to have more time, less aggravation, better health, and get more done.  For nearly twenty years, Regina Leeds-named Best Organizer in Los Angeles by Los Angeles magazine-has helped even the most organizationally challenged.  One Year to an Organized Life is a unique week-by-week, month-by-month plan to forever streamline all aspects of your life.  Regina helps you break down tasks and build routines over time so that life becomes simple, not overwhelming."

What I like about this book is the way it is broken down into managable steps.  Each month of the year is a source of focus on a particular area in the home.  Within each month, steps are further broken down, so that tasks are doable in a short amount of time.  This is especially valuable for those who are just embarking on organizing their lives.  For those already enmeshed in the organizing world, it's a great place to refresh your routines and systems.  The book begins with January, (what a wonderful way to start off a new year!), but can be picked up at any time of the year and followed along. 
If you need a push in the direction of getting things organized around your homestead, this book might be just the ticket to get you started!

 




6 comments:

  1. I know several people, including myself, that could use a booklike this, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I will look at the signed in box for wordpress, I thought I had tried everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darla-Hope you find it helpful.
    You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like a great book. I certainly lack orginization and have been working on getting better at it lately. I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homesteading Quest-This book would be a great way to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting!!! I might just have to check it out. Just when I think that I am doing good...a bad day comes by where I can't find anything and it takes twice as long to do things. I might need to start over :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!