Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Simple Thing-Chore Chart

We're starting a new feature here at Maple Hill.
It seems that folks who visit this blog 
really appreciate the organizing efforts made around here.
I thought it might be a good idea to spotlight
one simple thing
that makes life a bit more harmonious.
Oddly enough, the feature is called
One Simple Thing.

This week's focus is household chores. 

In order to keep things running smoothly
and prevent the household from
being featured on "Hoarders",
we each need to do our part.




This is Lil' Guy's chore chart.
He sees what his responsibilities are for each day.
That keeps him focused.
As each birthday passes, one more chore is added
to increase his repertoire of life skills.
After all, he'll have his own homestead some day.
Momma will not be taking in laundry.



This one belongs to me.
I don't really need the reminder,
but it's important to have a visual
for kids to appreciate just what goes into
keeping the household running smoothly.



One Simple Thing






5 comments:

  1. I've often thought of having my chore list printed up for the inevitable "what did YOU do all day" question pops up. It's amazing how husbands think the house cleans itself????
    :D
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Daisy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! When my kids were little I did the same thing and I happy to report my son (who is 25) still loves doing laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - both the feature idea & the charts!! So true about kids (and don't forget husbands!) sometimes needing that visual to see & appreciate everything that needs to be done.
    PS, I finished my homemaking notebook yesterday & although there are some final bits still to do (page tabs), I'll hopefully share pictures on my blog tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration & encouragement! :)
    katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue-Yes, I'm sure they'd be exhausted if they tried to switch places!

    Kat-You're more than welcome!

    Tracy-Haven't YOU done a good job! ;0)

    Katy-Can't wait to read your new posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!