Saturday, May 21, 2011

Purple Passion

I have a thing for blooms in shades of blue.
My favorite color is not blue,
it is periwinkle.



This native salvia spiraling toward the sky
has a wonderful texture.






White phlox with magenta centers.




These wildflowers are a sweet lilac color.
What a wonderful bouquet they would make.




Love the star shape of this subdued beauty.




This popped up the other day.
No idea what it is, but it is delicate and glorious.




Agapanthus blooms are worth waiting for,
as they are quite dramatic.
I look forward to dividing these so that we have even more
to enjoy and share with neighbors.




Meems at Hoe and Shovel has some striking photos
and as always,
lots of great information
about these amazing creations.








These lantana have a deeper purple than is apparent here.
The butterflies just love 'em!




You can't go wrong with petunias.
They look cheery no matter what the weather.
A spattering of white on purple gives an heirloom effect.

Do you have a favorite color scheme in your garden?




10 comments:

  1. Hi Daisy,
    First of all, that agapanthus photo is stunning!Really perfect capture. And thanks so much for the kind words and the link. I seem to use a good dose of purple here and there as well. It is a great color for blending with almost any other color. Your choices are all great!
    Meems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meems-Thanks so much! It's hard to take a bad picture of agapanthus! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog hopping & just came across your darling gardening blog...I host a garden party on Thursdays & would love to have you link up sometime???? xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I happened on your blog from Jeans Bloomin Tuesday. I love your beautiful blooms. Agapanthus has a stunning bloom. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! Lovely photos of your beautiful blooms. I don't have a color scheme. Anything goes in my gardens. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becca's Dirt-Thank you for your kind words. Yes, agapanthus is one of my favs.

    Rosemary-Thanks, and welcome!

    Jean-Thanks! I don't really have a color scheme either, I just love the blues best! Looking forward to seeing more of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos and blooms! I think that unknown blue one is Larkspur. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. perennialgardener-Welcome! Thanks for the i.d.!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!