Thursday, April 2, 2020

Chia Seed Pudding



I've been watching a few You Tube cooking channels
to get new ideas for expanding my diet.
I eat mostly gluten-free and vegetarian,
but nothing could keep me from enjoying a beautiful loaf
of homemade bread.
I've also recently given up processed sugar,
instead subbing coconut sugar (which is not processed),
and incorporating dates or honey as a sweetener in baked goods.
My once a month ice cream date with sister
is the only processed sugar in my diet.
 
This recipe hails from the vlog Downshiftology
and you can watch Lisa prep her chia seed puddings here.
This simple dish comes together in literally minutes.


All that's needed is your milk of choice 
(I used unsweetened almond)
and chia seeds.
Two ingredients?
What could be easier!


For each serving of pudding,
add 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds
to 1/2 cup of your choice of milk.


Stir the chia seeds in the milk and then let it sit for 15 minutes.
Once they start to thicken, stir again.
Your sweetener of choice can then be added.
I used maple syrup, but honey or coconut sugar would work well.
(This batch was also dusted with cocoa powder.)
It's amazing to see how quickly the pudding thickens
into a tasty, textured treat.


Choose your topping,
whether you prefer fruit, ginger, nuts, seeds, or spices.
Making individual servings is a great way 
for everyone to customize their dessert.
This pudding can even be kept in the freezer,
so several can be made ahead and savored later.

I'm so grateful to these YouTubers who share
delightful, health-supporting dishes
using simple ingredients and 
 zero 
               junk.


4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!