Friday, January 25, 2013

Easy Eggplant

Eggplant has been enjoyed every week since we've started 
buying our produce from Faye & Lynn.

A favorite family recipe is ratatouille
but usually this delectable veggie is pan-fried.
Many times, I end up eating most of it
while I'm standing at the stove.
It doesn't even make it into the fridge.
Fixed in any manner, it's a favorite of this cook.
Here's a quick and easy way to enjoy this savory dish
and have something to show for it.





Just slice, add olive oil, salt, Italian herbs 
and a bit of red pepper flakes.



Place in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes, 
then turn over and cook an additional 15-20 minutes.



Ready for munchin'!

Enjoy something quick and easy this weekend!

 

10 comments:

  1. Yummy! I haven't had eggplant in a while but I love it. I'll have to try this out next time I get some. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eggplants when they're small like this and don't have the seed. Your eggplant snacks look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were actually a good size. I just split them down the middle and then cut them cross-wise. I hope you enjoy some soon!

      Delete
  3. I grew eggplants last summer, so have become quite familiar with a bunch of different recipes. One of our favorites is an eggplant dip - roast a whole eggplant, scoop out the pulp and mash, add olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper and a bit of hot sauce if you like the heat. So yummy - lasts in the fridge for a few days. You can even use it like mayo on a sandwich.

    I planted 4 plants last year and we were overwhelmed with it, so I'll only plant 2 this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds dee-lish. Sounds like you are quite the gardener!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post. It's perfect timing. Last night my son asked if we could buy eggplant when we were at the store. I hated to say no, so we bought it. But, I'm not really sure what to do with it. Your post will help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much do I love that your son not only knows what eggplant is, but wanted to try it? If he likes stew-type dishes, try the ratatouille recipe found in the index and then watch the movie! Glad you found us!

      Delete
  5. Looks SO delicious! I can't wait until we have some growing in our garden. Thank you for linking up to the hop today!~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting a great hop! I always learn something new there!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!