Friday, January 11, 2013

Mimi's Madeleines



My mom was probably the best home cook I've known.
Although I can't hold a candle to her abilities in the kitchen,
I'm grateful for growing up in a house
where food was valued.




And even though she is no longer able to cook,
I can relive my childhood through her recipes.

Madeleines are a classic French cookie.
They are light, airy with just a touch of lemony goodness.



Yumminess awaits you!




Mimi's Madeleines

1 1/4 C sifted flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
2/3 C sugar (we use sucanat)
2 t grated lemon (we used one)
3/4 C melted butter
powdered sugar for dusting

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.  Set aside.
Beat eggs until light, add vanilla and gradually beat in sugar.
Continue to beat until volume increases fourfold.
Fold in lemon zest, then fold in flour mixture.
Stir in butter.
Brush a bit of melted butter on madeleine pans
and pour 1/4 C batter into molds.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Remove to wire rack to cool and sift powdered sugar on top.
Enjoy!


Shared at