Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Lil' Guy and I are enjoying our rediscovered freedom.
We made a spontaneous trip to
one of our favorite thrift stores this week.
He's on the hunt for electrical equipment
for one of his many projects.
His momma looks for practical items
that can be used everyday.



A few kitchen items were found for around $4.
The best part is that they are all
"Made in the USA".
I just couldn't turn down the Ball jars
and we needed a larger grater.
The Pyrex bowl was in perfect condition!



These sturdy magazine holders
were picked up for 50 cents each.
A project was in order to help them match
 the industrial look in Lil' Guy's room.


We use what we have.
This silver duct tape has been waiting for just such a project.



This magazine rack was purchased
a while back to use in Lil' Guy's room.
That didn't work so well,
as it is more designed for holding hardback books.
His Lego magazines can now be better
organized and maintained.

Thrifting is a wonderful way to find
American-made items.
The money you save is motivating enough,
but thinking about keeping things out of the landfill
by giving them a new home is the icing on the cake.
It might even bring back a few great memories.
Happy thrifting, y'all!

Repurpose My Life

10 comments:

  1. Great finds. I wish I could come across some of those magazine holders for that price. It's ridiculous what they want for them new.
    As for kitchen wares--I only buy used--it's the best way to get the quality and good looks of the good old Made in the USA!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Sue. I love being able to replace all the equipment made elsewhere with vintage USA stuff!

      Delete
  2. Nothing makes your day like a good thrift store find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the little things that make my day...

      Delete
  3. I want the magazine holders!! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They work so much better for him than the rack! Thanks for stopping by-now go rest!

      Delete
  4. Ah! I was just at a thrift store and am kicking myself for not buying a couple of ball jars they had on the shelf.

    Nice finds! Thanks for sharing at Repurposed Ideas Weekly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrifting is the best, especially when it's jars and pyrex bowls! I've been meaning to do a post about my recent finds... I think I'm going to this week now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!