Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Allergy-Friendly Applesauce Recipe (gf, df, cf, sf)



It's really fall, y'all!
I'm on week FIVE of this 6-week elimination diet,
and it's been a challenge, but I'm gonna see it through to the end.
One of the no-nos is sweetener of any kind,
including honey or maple syrup.
Of course, having been used to my daily dose of dark chocolate,
it's been an adjustment to do without.
A good friend (who lives her life sugar-free),
passed on this recipe to me 
and it was 
love 
    at 
          first 
               bite.


Who knew a meager 3 ingredients put together
could taste so doggone good?!
Maybe it's because I haven't had sweets in a while,
or maybe it really is that delicious.
This recipe is so easy that I find myself making it at least twice a week.
The crockpot does the cooking
and in no time flat,
you've got yourself a distinctive and delightful dessert.

I've been using it as a treat
and to fill my tummy in between meals.
It's apple-pickin' season right now,
so it's the perfect opportunity to give this a go.



Allergy-Friendly Applesauce
(Life Made Simple)

3 pounds organic apples
(Golden Delicious, Fuji, Gala)
1/2 C water
1/2 t cinnamon

Place all ingredients in crockpot
and cook on high for 2 hours.
Puree with blender, processor or
mash by hand for chunkier texture.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!