Tuesday, April 23, 2019

2019 Home Project List



Our 2019 Home Project List is getting off to a slow start.
Here it is, almost May, and we have just begun.



We have several ambitious projects to complete this year.
A few things we can tackle ourselves,
but some more complex ventures will be hired out.
We have put money aside for several things,
including new kitchen countertops.
The bathrooms may not get done until next year,
when we can use our tax refund to fund the projects.
Whatever we do, we always try to pay cash,
so that we are not getting into debt just to improve our home.



One of the things I've been wanting to change out
was the front door.
Our home faces south, but very little light was coming through this door.
The style was a little busier than I liked as well,
so we made a switch.



This shaker-style door fits in better with the design of the house.
Simple, clean lines that better suit the character of the home.
The window at the top is high enough
that we maintain our privacy.
I like how the panes on the window echo the windows on the porch.


This weekend, Big K dressed it up with a beautiful periwinkle color.
It just happens to be my favorite color,
and it adds a little life to the front facade.
We've already picked out the storm door that we want,
which includes a screen so that we can enjoy cross ventilation
and a lot more light!



 This project wasn't even on our list,
but we had talked about a swap out on the porch.
This fishing basket was purchased at a flea market
over 4 years ago.
I remember seeing it on the table for sale
and thinking it was so cool,
but I don't fish, so what could I use it for?
I went back and bought it and held onto it
knowing that I would figure out some way to use it.
We did.



The porch light that was on the house was much too small
and lacking in any type of personality.
I think we kind of turned that upside-down!
We added a ginormous Edison-type amber bulb to the inside
and replaced the diminutive fixture.
I love finding new uses for unusual items.
I can imagine putting in some party lights at different times of the year.



It's coming together.
I'd like to repaint the porch and perhaps add a painted rug design.
Of course, as the season continues, I hope to have some potted flowers to adorn the entrance.
We are thinking of painting the shutters to match the door
and then moving on to the next item on our project list.
There is always something to do when you are a homeowner.
What a blessing to be able to put your personal stamp on your homestead.



One down.

Next!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that new front door! And the light is adorable. You are so creative. I'm in awe of how you find ways to work in special finds so artistically. I am a huge fan of the project list. I think it's fulfilling to begin crossing things off and then see how much we've gotten done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think it helps us stay more accountable if we have a list to cross off. Helps with focus and looking forward to the next tweak.

    Thanks for the kind words. This place is lookin' more like us all the time. ;0D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!