Friday, December 12, 2014

Frigid Friday (or "Fridged" Friday)


We've been enjoying temps in the 40's each morning,
with highs during the day in the 60's and 70's.
Perfect weather this time of year, if you ask me.
We wanted to bring a little of the chill inside.




This should probably be a "Thrifty Thursday" post,
but I'm a day behind.
I spotted some of these cute refrigerator makeovers while internet cruising
and we just had to participate.

So easy, yet it adds so much punch to our holiday decorations.
We'll be doing this every year!


 We have a white fridge, but since it's a side-by-side, 
decorating the front didn't work so well.
We simply moved our artwork to the side facing the rest of the kitchen.



 I made up a bow using some holiday ribbon,
cut out a few stars with a paper punch
and free-handed a few coals for eyes, the mouth, the hat,
and the all-important organic paper carrot for the nose!
The fun thing is to mix and match what you have to customize your snowperson!


A simple, cheery addition to the kitchen this holiday season.
Mix up a scratch batch of cocoa mix and have a toast!
Enjoy!






simple saturdays


Homestead Barn Hop



dare to deck the halls



10 comments:

  1. Organic paper carrot---LOL!
    Very cute. What a great idea.
    Have a good weekend, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute! I saw this on Pinterest...on a front door, now yours on the fridge! I just had to copy...
    We did the spare bedroom door; I keep it closed so not to heat it-- It's a nice change for a door I have to look at all the time.
    I say "we"... this was an easy activity for my Littles (grand kids)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have white doors on all of our rooms. Hmmm, naw, too much. Yes, the littles would have a great time with this project!

      Delete
  3. Daisy, ha, my refrigerator is a typical one I expect with many magnet pictures of grandkids and lists of things to be reminded. My refrigerator doors hasn't been that clean since the refrigerator was new about 20 years ago. I have to say the snow man is cute on the door. The post does spawn the idea of door decorating though.

    Have a great creative decorating for the season day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have some cheery holiday decorations surrounding you. ;0)

      Delete
  4. Daisy - I LOVE THIS. Such a fun idea and I think my little dude would love it, too.

    "Do you wanna build a snowman?"

    Thanks for linking to Dare to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, and it takes up NO SPACE in your cute lil' barn!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love this idea!! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So simple and a great things for wee ones to try!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!