Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Maple Hill Hop 37



Maple Hill Hop

Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop!
Share your outdoor posts and grab the button!



 Except for a few leeks,
the veggie garden is being overrun with flowers.
We are grateful that we can enjoy something different
during this sweltering summer.



 The beautyberry is coming back quickly.
These clusters will turn a magenta color
and be enjoyed by visiting birds.



 Zinnias attract butterflies and bees alike.
These are a staple in our summer garden.



The African Iris just keeps on blooming all summer long.


 Someone got caught mid-munch!
So far, the monarch cats have been scarce.
It was great to discover this lil' one enjoying a meal.



The lettuce that was transferred to the back bed
is holding its own.
I've been able to harvest some every few days.
Never thought that lettuce would grow here in summer,
but there it is, folks!
The two varieties are New Red Fire and Red Sails,
and I have to say that the former is a bit heartier.
I'll be adding it to my future summer seed list.

As you can see,
things have slowed down here in Central Florida.
What's happening outside where you are?

Hop To It!








2 comments:

  1. Daisy, your garden has made a very nice transition from vegetables to flowers. I have a few flower plants in my garden this year but nothing like yours. I'm really trying to be better at beauty as well as practical. All my spring flowers are done with their display. The summer doesn't bring any blooms in my yard. With all the gardening going on, I haven't had the time to really think about beauty at the Urban Ranch.



    I still have hopes to get some squash and pumpkins planted for a late harvest. Hopefully, the rains will subside a little in July to allow more gardening than just weed and grass control which I'm way behind with.

    Have a great flower enjoying day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in the throes of veggie gardening. Lucky you! Enjoy!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!