Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Garden Scores!

Craig's List is often scoured,
especially the farm & garden section,
in hopes of finding some real treasure.
This weekend it paid off!



I've been wanting a cart like this for some time.
On so many occasions, plants, dirt or yard waste
has been lugged to various areas of the yard.
I can't tell you how excited I am to have
this "new" piece of equipment.
It's like a kid at Christmas time!
The bonus is that I didn't have to pay full price for it.




Love the storage area for my tools, seed packets and gloves.
No more going back and forth because I forgot something.




The wheels in the front make it easy to maneuver.
These list at the local home improvement store
for at least $30,
I picked it up for half that price.
It still has a lot of use left and I feel good about
reusing something that someone else doesn't have a need for.
More and more, I'm returning to past practices,
by trying to find gently used items
instead of making new purchases.


Case in point...



This was picked up last week from a neighbor's recycle bin. 
Great for storing used coffee grounds,
banana peels and eggshells to add to the garden.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you, Daisy. Everyone needs a cart to haul our goodies around in the garden. Your 'new' cart looks very handy.

    If I had the extra storage I'd love one of those flat carts for hauling around my plants/pots. I've used a wheelbarrow for many years loaded with what I know I'll need for the tasks at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meems-I'm sure you get a ton of use out of your wheelbarrow. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cart and great deal. That style is very practical. It's kind of a combo of wheelbarrow and cart all in one. I love that you can put your tools in a special spot. I'm always looking for my tools, gloves, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat cart. I love craigslist and sometimes ca not believe the deals you can get on there. It is to the point where why would you buy anything new, when you can get just about everything you need on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I have been looking for a kitchen counter top composter and I had one in my pantry all along. Thanks for reminding me about the empty coffee container already on hand!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  6. NanaK-Yes, this will be much better than the toolbelt I was using!

    Jane-I'm with ya on that one! Why buy new?

    Ames-Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a garden cart like that! I put it out on the curb though because it was hard to roll around the yard and kept disappointing me. :/ But my yard has lots of bumps in it. Someone did pick it up and is hopefully having a better time with it than I did.

    I use old plastic kitty litter bins for kitchen scraps, but they're a bit big to put on a counter. lol

    Great finds! I hope you have better luck with the cart than I did! $15 is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice score! I'm on the lookout for a giant galvanized horse trough to store rainwater. The "new" price about gave me a stroke! I'll be checking out Craigslist myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Daisy! My mom gave me a cart like yours a year ago and I love it. It holds so much stuff that I don't have to make too many trips to the burn pile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NotSoAngryRedHead-So far, it's worked out great!

    Sue-Best wishes on your search!

    Susan-What a thoughtful gift for a gardener.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!