Monday, December 13, 2010

Unwavering Inspiration

There is strength in putting your dreams down on paper. 
Any real dream only becomes reality when a plan is followed through. 
It starts with recognition, then verbalizing,
and taking it step-by-step. I was so enthralled
the first time I found out about this amazing organization.




But it was more than that. 
Everything just seemed to come together. 
My love for kids, teaching, learning, animals, farms 
and a deep-seated need to help others. 
Green Chimneys was the dream awakened in me almost a year ago. 
It's why I started this blog. 
Maple Hill will someday be my reality. 
This morning I visited the website again
to prompt the yearning to show its head. 
It's still there, stronger than ever.

Maybe it's the frigid weather outside 
and not being able to tend the garden, 
maybe it's the holidays approaching faster than I'd like. 
Whatever it is, the need to refresh my longings 
was how I started this day. 
I'm still discovering others 
who share the same type of simple living philosophy 
that seems inborn to me. 
For their company, I am more than grateful. 

The ingenuity and self-determination that some folks share 
is a source of never-ending wonder for me. 
To use our God-given gifts and abilities to better our world 
and connect with even just one other person 
in a way they have never been reached before, 
this is what it means to have a meaningful life. 
Money, material things and overabundance 
do not feed one's soul.
It is family, time, health and a sense of purpose that really matter. 
I pray that anyone coming across this blog 
will find what their life's purpose is. 
And then go for it...

barnhopimage

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daisy...My transition to a simpler life began more than 10 years ago when a friend told me about her sister who was following the concept of "voluntary simplicity." I embraced this concept and began to clean out the clutter in my life, and focus my time and energy on the most important things in life...God, family, friends, and a return to the basics. Life is so much richer for it. I do believe there are many, many people (especially in this day and age) returning to a life filled with meaning instead of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Daisy. I am want to link up as a follower of your blog. What an inspiration. I will check our the greenchimneys link. My sister at BeachHouse341 has been reading your blog from time to time. She is my "old hippy" guide. Sprout those Wheatberries for winter protein!! Take care. The bees will be back.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Daisy and I am in love with the term "voluntary simplicity!" I love your blog, love your outlook and I will be an avid supporter and follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, I know that you're right about folks these days returning to the simpler things. Maybe out of necessity, but no matter the path. They will be better for it.
    It's amazing how much better you can focus on what matters without all the "stuff".

    Brianne, welcome! Thanks for the kind words. I hope those bees hear you! ;o)



    Lisa, so good of you to visit. Yes, I think we are kindred spirits. Your blog is so uplifting. Continued blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!