Thursday, September 6, 2018

Foaming Soap for Skin Relief




 We recently purchased some foaming dispensers
so that I can get some relief for my dermatitis.
My doctor recommended that I do away with any toiletries
that contain SLS, including soap, shampoo, and toothpaste.
Dr. Bronner's is a "safe" soap for my skin
and is now being used exclusively for all of our washing needs.
Shown here is the peppermint fragrance,
but there are other scents, as well as an unscented option.
Aside from being a safe product, 
It feels great to support a company with a conscience.



For each dispenser,
1/2 C of distilled water was added,
followed by 1/4 C of castille soap.
It's important to add the water first,
so that the suds don't fill up the space.
At this point, essential oils can be added,
thereby creating custom soap bouquets!
Since I used the peppermint scented soap,
no additional essential oil was added.


This recipe comes together in minutes.
Being able to add whatever scent floats your boat
adds to its appeal.
Dr. Bronner's is a concentrated solution,
so by diluting it in this way,
we end up saving money on a really fine product.

The third dispenser was used for my homemade shampoo,
which you can read about here.

Do you enjoy making your own personal care products?


This Is How We Roll Link Party


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!