Thursday, November 2, 2017

Garden Storage




One of the first things we did when we bought this house
was change out the mailbox.
We need a rural mailbox, which is bigger,
as we get a lot of packages,
or mail things out via "Clip-n-Ship".
So the older mailbox would be repurposed into useful storage.
But first, it needed a makeover,
 because plain white wouldn't do.


 I took it apart and "dais-i-fied" it.


 Just using waterproof markers got the job done quickly.
Big K and I used a post-hole digger
and slipped it into the created spot.
That tool is a really good upper body workout!
The post was also repurposed.
It had the house numbers on it
and stood near the front porch.
I never cared for the placement of it,
so I just pulled it out to use for this project.


 Inside, safe and sound and out of the weather
are the tools I most use in the garden.
Having them right where I use them
prevents unnecessary trips back to the garage
when I've forgotten something I need.


 I love being able to find a new use 
for something that has lost its initial function.
The old adage that comes to mind is,
"Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Do without."
Not only does it save money,
but it keeps another item out of the landfill.
It appeals to the thrifty side of my spirit.
No doubt Mother Earth will appreciate that.

What have you repurposed lately?

I was brought up in an era when thrift was still considered a virtue. J. Paul Getty
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/thrift.html
I was brought up in an era when thrift was still considered a virtue. J. Paul Getty
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/thrift.html
"I was brought up in an era
when thrift was still considered a virtue."
~J. Paul Getty 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!