Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/5/10


Special Needs Homeschooling Group
I decided to actively invite folks to join the homeschooling group I am working on. I hope to meet other like-minded families who enjoy being with their kids. We've joined other hs groups before, but it just didn't stick. Having a child with special needs is like a whole different reality. It's been my experience that most typical families have a hard time understanding and sometimes accepting our world as we know it. We cannot take part in some things that hs groups do because of sensory issues or behavioral challenges. My intention in forming the group is to create a place where families can be themselves and feel welcome. If we happen to make some new friendships along the way, even better. I know God has a plan for me, and the motivation I have to branch out a bit more is something I've been wanting to pursue for a while. No time like the present!


www.OAKSCentralFL@yahoogroups.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!