Thursday, December 19, 2019

No Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies


These cookies are insanely good.
Believe it or not, no processed sugar is found in their midst.
Just chewy, chocolatey goodness
for those of us who would rather 
not do the sugar thang.
Easy to prepare, quick to fix, with minimal ingredients,
there is nothing not to love about these sweet treats.
There is no need to even turn on the oven!
I am working my way through the
marveling at the simplicity and wholesomeness
of all of Dana's well executed recipes.

One of the things I like best about these cookies
and many of the other recipes on the website,
is the flexibility in substituting ingredients.
If someone is sensitive to eggs, dairy, nuts or wheat,
there are usually alternatives offered.
Since peanuts are legumes, not tree nuts,
these cookies can be enjoyed by most everyone,
except those with a true peanut allergy.
The cookies pictured above are the ones I made,
using Sunbutter instead of peanut butter,
because it's what I had on hand.
The result?
Truly scrumptious!
The glaze will no doubt be used over and over,
as it keeps me sugar-free and chocolate happy!

3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
(Minimalist Baker)

1 C gluten-free oats
1 pinch sea salt
3/4 C medjool dates
1/2 C peanut butter (or other nut butter)

Chocolate Glaze
3 T coconut oil
3 T cacao powder
1-2 t maple syrup
pinch salt
Add oats and salt to a processor and blend into a flour. 
Add dates and blend for 30 seconds more or until finely chopped. 
Add nut butter and blend until a dough forms.
Scoop out 2-Tbsp amounts of dough and carefully form into mounds. 
Place on a parchment-lined pan or tray. 
Mix ingredients for glaze in a bowl and whisk until smooth. 
Dip the cookies in (about halfway), let excess drip off, 
and place back on parchment-lined pan or tray. Freeze 10 minutes. 
Then dip again for extra thick shell. Chill again. 
Enjoy.



8 comments:

  1. These look good. I'll have to check out the Minimalist Baker website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do. She has made my transition to sugar-free so much easier!

      Delete
  2. These look amazing. I just love using dates for sweetness because of their caramel-y flavor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the texture is fantastic for oatmeal-type cookies.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Must try these, thanks for sharing this recipe! May your family have the best holidays ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look amazing! I will have to try them. I have completely cut processed sugar out of my diet and I feel so much better! The difference is really profound. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am adding more vegan recipes into my diet. We are kindred spirits, I tell ya. ;0D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!