Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jackpot!

We went thrifting the other day as part of our errands.
Ya never know what you'll find.
There's a lil' thrift store about 6 miles from here
that usually has something I can't live without.
I didn't expect to hit the jackpot though!





I just love glass jars.
There's something about them that touches
the very core of nostalgia in me.




These babies are thick with glass tops.
Since I plan on using them for storage,
I will be working on ridding the metal rings
of the rust.  I know some folks would say
to leave well enough alone,
but if I make a new acquisition, I use it.
There is not much in our home that isn't utilitarian.



How rich I feel this morning.
How blessed.
I've had glass jars on my "internal" vision board
for quite some time.
Something so small, yet so appreciated.
The Universe is a wonderful provider.
What's on your inner vision board?

8 comments:

  1. Oh my- How beautiful are those!
    That was a lucky score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't resist thrift stores either, but jackpots a few and far between. Enjoy your jars - they are very attractive, and will, I'm sure, be useful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue-Yeah, they definitely caught my eye!

    Dani-Thanks, Dani! I hope you find some treasures this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love glass jars. No such thing as too many. Those are really nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love glass jars too. That was a great find,enjoy them! Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane-How right you are!

    Jane-Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And useful, that is what I love about "old" things. I have several of those jars too, some are sitting on top of my kitchen cupboards right now as decorations. ;-) I love it when I find the blue-ish glass ones although it is not very often that I do.

    Do you use them with a rubber ring for canning still or will you use them for storing other goods? My aunt always used them for canning but I never do use them that way and I'm not sure why. My youngest son came up with the idea to use them for storing our leftovers in and I thought it was brilliant - it means I can see what is in them at a glance and know what we need to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather-No, these don't have rubber rings. I haven't yet tackled canning, but I would like to learn.
    I am planning on using them in the pantry for beans or something.
    One's already in the bathroom holding our cotton.
    Love your son's idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!